That I have not only a sinus infection but whooping cough and may have infected my entire family, 2 buses, 3 airports, 4 airplanes and a partridge in a pear tree: MINUS 40
That I will be without an ATM card or a neighbourhood branch for 14 business days: MINUS 20
That I had to stand in line for an hour to see someone who would give me an appointment to come in Monday to stand in line for an hour to see another person who will hopefully give me another appointment to get my fingerprints etc taken. I would council myself to take deep breaths but that's not very easy what with the whooping cough. MINUS 10 BILLION
BUT
I have tasty narcotic cough syrup. PLUS 20
I got a beautiful package in the mail all the way from Ireland, nestled right at my doorstep after a long, cold, exhausting day. PLUS 15 BILLION
I got Skype working and can now talk to dear ones all over the globe for free free free. PLUS 25
I just noticed that my brain meds are working really well, and that makes me feel great and hopeful. PLUS ANOTHER DOZEN BILLION, LET'S GET RECKLESS
I have a job interview on Tues for a Harvard position that might be perfect and that I have a good feeling about. PLUS 20
I'm too wasted on cough syrup to do the math, but it's not so bad. Must find food, though. Also have to work tomorrow if I have any hope of getting the rent together for the moving that is coming too fast, and I am in no shape for that, so pray for me.
Happy Turkey Day, all. I know despite a really difficult year, I have uncountable blessings (even using billions) to be thankful for.
3 comments:
Well, in balance thee can give thyself a few plus points for whooping cough. I didn't think people still got that, and it is a great conversation starter (or stopper if thee needs one... ) Here how it is used either way... "So there I was in North Carolina, with a bad case of whooping cough... ) or the second use, "Sure you can buy me a drink, but don't get to close, I have a really BAD case of whooping cough!"
Well, I know thee has already opened it, but what a shame thee did not have a recording of "From Galway to Graceland" to play in the background when opening it!
Genie and I are off to have a look at the now THREE hawks in Tompkins Square park this morning. drop by my blog and send a letter to varrious folks, like the Mayor of NY to stop using the poisons they are using in NY which endanger those great birds...
=)
Feel even better!
lor
PS To thy family, feel better soon!
In the attempt to put a more positive spin on your immigration hassles...........I suppose you could be thankful that you didn't have to go through Ellis Island......with whooping cough. Kind of puts that two hours standing in line in perspective.
Happy Thanksgiving, Kiddo.
Amanda, I am hoping and praying you will be well soon. As I commented at your mother's blog, we have been going through the whooping cough and antibiotics also and so have an idea of what you are going through. I agree with Lorcan, it can make for an interesting conversation starter/stopper.
Rest as much as you can between everything else you are doing.
Post a Comment